City Updates AHNA Residents on Montgomery Street Redevelopment Project and Multipurpose Arena Construction
The city recently shared its first “official” news update regarding the Montgomery Street Redevelopment Project and Multipurpose Arena construction. City officials, working with AHNA, plan on keeping the neighborhood informed with future updates, so please regularly check the AHNA website and other neighborhood sharing platforms such as Nextdoor.
- City of Fort Worth Montgomery Street Redevelopment Project
- City of Fort Worth Capital Projects
- City Council Approval 11/10/2015: Authorize Execution of Master Agreement for the Development, Construction and Operation of a Publicly Owned Multi-Purpose Arena and Adjacent Support Facilities
Tuesday October 20 , 2015
Fort Worth Firefighters Hall
3855 Tulsa Way @ Crestline Rd
Everyone is welcome!
A LOT TO GIVE?
Tuesday’s meeting will feature two special guest speakers. One from Tarrant Area Food Bank (TAFB) and another from the pet food bank, Don’t Forget to Feed Me (DF2FM). These non-profit organizations work tirelessly to collect and distribute food for the hungry. Most of us in Arlington Heights will never know how it feels to have nothing to eat, to be truly hungry, to worry when and where the next meal may come from. Compounding these unfortunate circumstances of hunger, difficult decisions to relinquish beloved pets into shelters or elsewhere because pet food cannot be afforded. Many people may even give their only food to their pets, because their pet is a part of the family, or even the only family they have. These are decisions and circumstances we all can help avert with the help of TAFB and DF2FM. We are very fortunate to have these organizations to help us help these people in great need. But we need YOU to help and bring items to donate!
Come Tuesday night to hear about who they are and what they do. Take a few minutes to pick up some extra food for TAFB & DF2FM and bring it with you. If you need more time to do so, donation boxes to drop off goods are set-up at the Firefighters Hall entrance on Tulsa Way and at Thomas Place Community Center through Thanksgiving.
Plan to attend a special presentation for Arlington Heights residents only
Redesigning Montgomery Street
Tuesday September 29, 2015
6:30 p.m. Fort Worth Firefighters Hall
3855 Tulsa Way @ Crestline Road
YOU ARE AN IMPORTANT STAKEHOLDER
This project could affect the value of your home and quality of life for many years to come
- Look at the proposed plans and ask questions
- Talk one on one to the project designers from Freese and Nichols and City of Fort Worth Transportation and Public Works
- Vote on what you like/don’t like, such as safe passage across Montgomery for pedestrians and vehicles, landscaping, lighting, bike lanes, park benches
- Explore creative ways to keep event parking and traffic off neighborhood streets (convert streets at Montgomery into dead ends, no cut through on landscaped median, right turn only out of neighborhood streets)