Block Party Info and Guidelines from the City

July 19, 2015 · Filed Under Block Party Info 

Neighborhood block parties are great events for bringing residents of a block together and introducing the wider neighborhood to the block. If you’re planning a party, be sure to follow a few rules provided by the city:

  • Street parties fall under the “Neighborhood Events & Parades” category as defined by the city’s Public Events Department. This category is defined as outdoor gatherings or celebrations with less than 500 attendees at any one time on a residential street that are sponsored by a Neighborhood Association or by persons living on the block that require the use, occupation or full or partial closure of a street, sidewalk or public right of way.
  • Block parties that involve a street closure are required to file an Outdoor Events Application from the City of Fort Worth Office of Outdoor Events.
  • At least 50% plus one (1) of the residents on the street affected by the street party must sign the petition, which is included in the Outdoor Events Application.
  • The person submitting the application must live on the block of the street that is requested to be closed, and the application should be submitted at least 15 days prior to the event.
  • The application, including the petition, should be emailed to or mailed, faxed, or delivered in person to:

    City of Fort Worth
    Public Events Department
    Outdoor Events Manager
    1201 Houston Street
    Fort Worth, TX 76102
    Fax: 817-392-2756 – Attention Outdoor Events Manager

  • A twelve (12) foot unobstructed roadway is required along closed sections of the street, and no structures, including tents, stages and bounce houses are allowed in the unobstructed roadway width or on the sidewalk or parkway. See Neighborhood Street Use Requirements & Site Plan for further guidance and a sample map.
  • Please be advised that the streets must be clear and open to traffic no later than 11:00 p.m.
  • Direct questions to 817-392-7894 or

The city does not provide traffic control devices, but here are a few barricade companies that you may contact. Other companies are listed in the Yellow Pages under “Barricades” or visit: or

  • American Barricade Company – 817/318-0003
  • Buyers Barricades – 817/ 535-3939
  • Cowtown Traffic Control – 817/ 924-4524
  • Fort Worth Lite & Barricade – 817-838-5791 (phone) 817-838-3586 (fax)
  • United Rentals Barricades – 817/ 595-8885
  • United Site Services (Portable Restrooms) – 817/ 477-5200 x 1010


Comments are closed.